Hard Rock International’s 22nd Annual Pinktober Campaign Breaks Fundraising Records on October 27th, 2018. The event has now raised over $7 million since it began in 2009 and is aiming to break the Guinness World Record for most pink things ever assembled.
The “hard rock breast cancer pin 2021” is a fundraising campaign that has been launched by Hard Rock International. The organization broke its records for the most donations in one day, and it also set a new record for the largest single donation in the history of Pinktober.
WHY IT RATES: As part of its “Love All – Serve All” motto, the hotel firm is donating to five breast cancer charity, generating record sums this year. — Associate Writer Lacey Pfalz
Hard Rock said today that its 22nd annual PINKTOBER campaign collected over $700,000, the most it has raised since the program started in 2000, and donated millions of dollars to breast cancer research throughout the course of the campaign’s existence. Limited-edition apparel, food and beverage menu items, local events, and more were part of the promotion at all business divisions globally, including Hard Rock Cafes, Hotels, and Casinos. The American Cancer Society, Caron Keating Foundation, Associacion Espanol Contra el Cancer Madrid, Gweke’s Caring for Women, and the Breast Cancer Support Group Johor Bahru were among the charitable partners.
“We are ecstatic to report that in the 22nd year of the PINKTOBER campaign, we were able to shatter our fundraising records to continue our continuous support of breast cancer awareness and research,” said Jon Lucas, Hard Rock International’s Chief Operating Officer. “It’s incredible to see our corporate divisions unite and put their hearts and souls into fundraising activities. We hope that, in addition to generating funds, we will be able to spread a message of bravery and hope to warriors, survivors, and their families.”
“Despite the unprecedented challenges we faced in 2020, the American Cancer Society continued to advance our mission of saving lives, celebrating lives, and leading the fight for a world without cancer – in every community, for everyone,” said Brant Woodward, Senior Executive Vice President, Field Operations. “We are grateful to Hard Rock for their continuous support of our efforts to help patients with breast cancer. Today, there are more than 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States, thanks to sponsors like Hard Rock.”
Participants in the Pinktober fundraising event at the Hard Rock Hotel Madrid, who are supporting El Associacion Espanol Contra el Cancer Madrid. (Image courtesy of Hard Rock International)
$1 from every limited-time PINKTOBER burger served at participating Hard Rock Cafes was donated to the cause, totaling more than $60,000. The Mushroom & Bourbon Onion Burger, the Ultimate “Pub” Burger, and the Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger were all so popular that they will be added to the regular menu in January 2022.
More than $35,000 was raised via sales of this year’s PINKTOBER-themed Hard Rock t-shirt and newly designed PINKTOBER pin. Players on Hard Rock Digital’s free “Hard Rock Social Casino” game also decided how much was given in celebration of PINKTOBER. The amount donated rose as more participants spun the wheel, resulting in a total of $10,000 collected for the American Cancer Society.
Several Hard Rock hotels throughout the globe sponsored community activities on a local level:
– The American Cancer Society named the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City as the country’s top fundraiser, with over $125,000 raised.
– The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa was the Pink Premier Sponsor for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Raymond James Stadium for the second year in a row, donating $50,000.
– The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, along with two of its sister locations in the state, staged a Real Men Wear Pink event to support the American Cancer Society.
– A Pinktober Takes the Stage event was held at the Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast in Malaysia, and five heroic survivors were awarded all-inclusive stays at the hotel.
– Throughout the month of October, the Hard Rock Hotel Sacramento gave $50,000 to the Gweke’s Caring for Women Foundation, had pink swag giveaways every Wednesday, and provided pink food and beverage products.
– Hard Rock team members all throughout the globe donated personal time and money via their paychecks, as well as through additional fundraising efforts.
With its yearly support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Hard Rock continues to carry out its mottos of “Love All – Serve All” and “Take Time To Be Kind,” with the purpose of extending a hand to those who need it most.
PRESS RELEASE FROM HARD ROCK INTERNATIONAL
Watch This Video-
- pinktober 2021
- breast cancer awareness