A new card has been approved for a traveler, which means they can now enjoy the benefits of two free years of Companion Pass. The Southwest Rapid Rewards Card can be used as your primary or secondary credit card. Travelers should sign up to take advantage of this opportunity before it expires on November 3rd, 2018!
The “how to get southwest companion pass 2021” is a question that has been asked by many people. The answer to the question is found in this blog.
Approved for a new Southwest credit card and a two-year companion pass I’m on my way.
on November 18, 2021 by Gary Leff
I am compensated for the content and several links on my site. Citibank, American Express, Chase, Barclays, and Capital One are all advertising partners on this site. My advertising partners have not reviewed, authorized, or supported any of the thoughts stated in this article. I don’t write about all credit cards; instead, I concentrate on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). The offers and advantages described on this website are subject to the terms.
I took a vacation from applying for new credit cards throughout the epidemic. I wasn’t spending as much money (making it more difficult to meet the minimum spend), I wasn’t sure what my immediate points requirements would be (making it difficult to decide which jobs to apply for), and banks were initially more stringent with approvals (it wasn’t clear who would still have a job).
As a consequence, I dropped below 5/24 and was once again eligible for Chase rewards cards. An offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, which I was accepted for, originally enticed me. In addition, I’ve been accepted for a Southwest Airlines credit card, which was one of my primary rewards goals for the year.
Several new features have been added to Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit cards, including new 100,000 point introductory bonus offers for all consumer cards, without removing anything or boosting annual fees.
- Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Earn up to 100,000 additional points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($69 per year)
- Credit Card with Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Earn up to 100,000 additional points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($99 per year)
- Priority Credit Card for Southwest Rapid Rewards® Earn up to 100,000 additional points by completing the following tasks: 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of your account’s existence, and another 50,000 bonus points for spending $12,000 in the first year. ($149 per year)
For 100,000 points, the timing is ideal. In January, I’ll achieve the minimum spending requirement and get the bonus, after which I’ll have a companion pass for the remainder of 2022 and all of 2023.
However, I was only authorized for a $2000 credit line, which came from my Freedom card. That isn’t enough for me to rapidly earn the whole first bonus. I want to use the card for $12,000 in the next two months, not twelve. In fact, I’d want to put $25,000 on the card in order to get a companion pass all at once. I’ll push certain spending ahead, pay other bills in advance, and even pay 1.9 percent interest on the card to pay quarterly taxes.
My Sapphire Preferred was upgraded to a $50,000 credit limit (!) and I transferred credit to Southwest from that card. I just sent a secure mail requesting the credit line transfer, and Chase responded the following day and took care of it. Because I was just authorized for Capital One’s new Venture X card, I have a lot of spending to accomplish.
In January 2020, I received a Companion Pass, which was good for the whole year of 2020 and 2021. Thanks to a bonus on a Southwest Airlines business card at the time, I’m told I was one of the first to earn it that year. I had no idea I wouldn’t use it as often as I had anticipated (thank you, epidemic), but I’m happy to earn one again.
That’s because the Companion Pass enables you to fly with a second person, regardless of whether your ticket is purchased with cash or points. You must earn 125,000 qualifying points, and the first incentives and points earned from spending on Southwest credit cards count toward the companion pass.
For individuals who have gotten the bonus on a Southwest Airlines personal card in the last 24 months (or currently have one), the Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card, which offers 80,000 points after $5,000 in expenditures in the first three months, is worth considering.
I’m no longer under 5/24, but I think I did a good job of hedging my chances.
More From the Wing’s Perspective
The “how to get companion pass southwest” is a blog post about getting the Southwest Companion Pass. The article includes information on how to apply for the card and what it entails.
- companion pass credit card
- southwest companion pass trick
- companion pass southwest credit card
- southwest companion pass credit card offer
- southwest companion pass rules